Information we collect about you
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit a query, and when you report a problem with our Website.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, login and password details.
- Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Location data – we collect information through the Website as to your real time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to allow tagging, allow check-in, deliver content, advertising or other services such as event information that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information is/may also be collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the site/App.
- Delivery of location services will involve reference to one or more of the following: (a) the coordinates (latitude/longitude) of your location; (b) look-up of your country of location by reference to your IP address against public sources; and/or (c) your Identifier for Advertisers (IFA) code for your Apple device, or the Android ID for your Android device, or a similar device identifier.
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We will be combining the data we receive from other heartfulness organisations when you register for events online or in our meditation centres, when you make enquiries through email, website or other communication channels or when you volunteer with any of our affiliate organisations.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies and other technologies
We use the following types of cookies:[this is a standard list of e-commerce cookies but you should check and delete where appropriate]
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our Website.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Who we give your information to
Our selected third parties may include:
- Organisations who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the Website in particular those providing website and data hosting services, providing fulfilment services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on our services and providing IT support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
- Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we merge with another organisation or are re-organised in order to sustain or further the Heartfulness mission and substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will also be transferred to the other organisation.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Almennyttig Foreningen SRCM Denmark and Heartfulness Institute Fond Denmark, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and to prevent cybercrime.
Where we store your information
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the services and guidance you ask of us. This includes events, meditation sessions, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services. This includes transfer to our affiliate organisations worldwide as set out in the section above.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
We may transfer your personal information to the following countries outside the EEA: India, USA.
Where we share your data with other Heartfulness entities outside the EEA, we have signed EU-approved standard contractual clauses with each of them to safeguard your information.